Nuheat Membrane is a tile underlayment that can be installed over the entire subfloor for uncoupling, crack isolation and waterproofing purposes. It replaces the need for a second layer of plywood or concrete backer board in most tile installations.
The polypropylene plastic layer features square-shaped columns which form channels specially designed to embed and hold Nuheat Cable. The shape of Nuheat Membrane also functions as a vapor management system that allows moisture to escape from the substrate during the curing process. It's polypropylene layer is heat-welded to a non-woven polypropylene fabric that absorbs thinset and creates a strong bond to the subfloor.
Additional benefits include:
• Even floor heat distribution
• On-site adjustments are made easily for complex floorplans
• No need for a second layer of plywood or concrete backer boards
• Lowers the finished floor height
• Significantly reduces installation time & material cost of installing
--a Nuheat Cable System