Each R4 Relay requires its own circuit breaker and provides additional capacity for spaces that are larger than a SunStat® ConnectPlus thermostat can control on its own. The R4 Relay energizes the connected mat or cable any time the thermostat determines that heat is required. When the thermostat signals the relay to operate, the Heating Indicator is illuminated. Each R4 Relay requires an additional 20-amp circuit and individual circuit breaker to operate.
The SunStat® R4 Relay is designed to control the voltage to SunTouch® electric floor heating systems that require more than 15 amps. Up to 10 (wired) SunStat Relays may be connected to one SunStat Thermostat for 120 VAC systems as large as 1650 Sq Ft or 240 VAC systems as large as 3300 Sq Ft .
The first circuit should be the thermostat, which can be fully loaded with Floor heating, then additional mats or cables can be connected to each subsequent relay required.
The thermostat is connected to the first Relay 4 via a low voltage wire or a wireless connection (not Wi-Fi), and additional Relays can be daisy-chained to the next relay using additional runs of wire or wireless functionality. New Wireless technology using 915 MHz (similar to BlueTooth, but not Wi-Fi) allows control, or it can be wired with a low voltage wire to the ConnectPLUS or some older thermostats.
• Extends the Area Controlled by a SunStat ConnectPlus Thermostat
• Wired Connection to Command 500850, Core 500825 and Connect 500875. Can replace an existing R3 relay also
• Wired or wireless connection to the ConnectPLUS thermostat 500900
• Up to 10 wired R4 Relays per thermostat (up to 300 SF each)
• Up to 6 wireless R4 Relays per thermostat (ConnectPLUS only)
• Wireless R4 Relays report energy usage to the thermostat
• Built-in Class A GFCI test light and button with a 5-milliamp trip for safety
• Dual-voltage 120/240 VAC 60 Hz, 1800/3600 W max resistive load, 15 Amp max load
• LED Status indicator lights for power, heating, GFCI test/trip modes, and troubleshooting
• 3-year manufacturer warranty
• Ambient conditions 32°F to 86°F (0°C to 30°C) < 90% RH non-condensing
• R4 wireless connection see Operation > Wireless Pairing
• R4 Wiring to thermostat Pull 18 - 24 AWG 2-conductor wire from the thermostat to the R4 Relay location, up to 100 ft (30 m) long